On the left is the Middle Road School – District. No. 6 - facing Merrill Hill Road. The Union Church is just beyond and the Town House is just out of the picture on the right. The school existed here from about 1872 until 1939. The Congregational Church built a second church here in 1830. The Union Church Society purchased it in 1899 intending to use the material from that church to build a new one. Regular Union Church services ceased in 1920. An annual service is held here each year in late summer.