Although the Kezar Falls Woolen Mill was considered the mainstay of the community for many years, the Sokokis Lumber Mill, (the “Box Shop”), also played an important part in providing employment for generations of local men for many years.
It was located on the Ossipee River west of the woolen mill just off Elm Street at the edge of Kezar Falls Village. J. Merrill Lord, Harvey Granville and Frank Fenderson founded the mill in 1908. It closed in the late 1980’s or early 1990’s and the buildings burned July 10, 1999. It eventually became the property of the Town of Parsonsfield and remains so today.