Kezar Falls Developer
Dr. Chellis invested in the future of Porter/Kezar Falls by building several buildings in the village. He was responsible for building, in part or wholly, some nine buildings in the village in the 1870’s and 80’s. In addition to having his own home built on Main Street in about 1870 Dr. Chellis built other houses including the homes of Mrs. Frank Lord, Edwin Weeks and also the old Record building where the “Oxford County Record” newspaper was printed (about where today's parsonage is located on Main Street). The pictures below are some of the public buildings he built. All but one remains today.