This picture, taken in 1938, is of the Town House at Middle Road Village located on the east side of Merrill Hill Road in Parsonsfield. The Town House was built in 1832 across from the Congregational Church when the town and the Church could no longer agree to share the church as a meeting house as they had been doing since 1790. When the town was founded in 1785, Middle Road Village was a thriving community and the geographic center of the Town of Parsonsfield. In about 2002, a group of interested citizens called “ROOT” (Restore Our Old Town House), worked to restore the building to its original design and had it placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2005. Parsonsfield’s municipal offices were moved to Kezar Falls Village in 1985 but all residents south of North Road continued to vote at this location. In 2012 the municipal offices moved from the former Milliken School building in Kezar Falls to the former Fred Morrill School on North Road. The Town House is not used at this time.