This is the “Old Dalton House” at Dalton’s Corner on Middle Road east of the McIntire house. This picture was taken in 1938 when it was owned by Joseph L. Marcionette of Medford, Mass. It shows as the home of Mrs. A. Dalton on the 1872 map of Parsonsfield. By at least 1802, Samuel Dalton had a store close by. He was succeeded as proprietor by his brother Benjamin. It is one of the few old homes that still stand at Middle Rd. Village. For many years it was the summer home of Marcia and the late Arthur Close. It is currently owned by Marcia Close.