Monday, September 19, 2016

In Memorium

Dorothy Gilman Locke
February 13, 1921 -
 September 19, 2016

Dotty served as the treasure of the historical society for many years and along with her husband, Clayton, was a active member in many town organizations donating countless hours, baked goods and her cheerful presence. She was instrumental in my First Person Rural project  in Porter and these are two images from that series. I cannot picture Dotty with idle hands. She was always baking, knitting, crocheting or quilting.  She made the quilt for the society to raffle off as a fundraiser for many, many years.  I will always be thankful for her wonderful friendship and I know I speak for all who knew her...you will be greatly missed Dotty. Rest now in peace, your work is done.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment