The four story Manowando Hotel afforded guests an excellent view of the river. It was erected across from the triangle at Kezar Falls Village at the corner of Bridge and River Street in 1885/86 by Dr. Edwin Chellis at a cost of $4,000 and operated by C.E. Hubbard. In 1897 John Quint bought the business and renamed it the Hotel Malvern. A restaurant was located on the lower level. Behind it was a “Livery and Feed” stable. It served “Drummers” (traveling salesmen), lumbermen participating in local log drives, summer visitors, and traveling stock companies performing at local theaters. Also, mill girls boarded here for $5 a week and meals cost $1.