Friday, February 15, 2019

Spotlight On: Sewell H. MacDaniel


Sewell H. MacDaniel was born March 20, 1891 in North Shapleigh to Samuel and Mary Emma (Tripp) MacDaniel.  At the age of eight he went to live with his grandparents, Mr. & Mrs. George Tripp in the old Kezar neighborhood of Parsonsfield where he grew up and attended school.

Florence and Sewell MacDaniel
          He worked in the Kezar Falls Woolen Mill and served as a York County deputy sheriff from 1934 to 1938 and as selectman in Parsonsfield from 1937 to 1938.  

In July 1, 1939 Sewell became the 15th post master of the Kezar Falls Post Office where he served for 21 years.  During his term the post office was expanded from a third class to a second class office.   He retired March 31, 1961 at the age of 70. 

Mr.MacDaniel was honored by the Kezar Falls-Cornish Kiwanis Club at their February 20th meeting at Norton Hall.  A letter was read from U.S. Senator Edmund S. Muskie congratulating him upon his years of faithful service. He was presented with a plaque inscribed “The Civic Clubs honor Sewell H. MacDaniel for his twenty-one years as postmaster.” and a sum of money given by the Kiwanis Club, 21 Club, Ladies Magazine Reading Club and Keswick Club.

Mr. MacDaniel was a member of the York County Chapter of the National Association of Postmasters and served as president and director of the state organization of National Association of Postmasters.  He was a member of the Drummond Masonic Lodge in North Parsonsfield. He was also a charter member of the Parsonsfield-Porter Historical Society and very active in fundraising for their benefit.
Post Office in Kezar Falls
         
 Sewell married his first wife, Myrtle Taylor who soon died.  In November 11, 1925 he married Florence Davey of Prince Edward Island.  She died August 18, 1960.  He had one stepdaughter, Mrs. Gertrude Paasch who was caring for him at her home in Waltham, MA when he died April 26, 1962.

3 comments:

  1. I have long felt a special connection with Herbal Medicine. For one thing is natural, Charlie we went to the same small college in Southern California — Claremont Men’s College — though he dropped out and ultimately enrolled at the Julliard School of the Performing Arts in New York. Had he stayed at Claremont, he would have been a senior the year I started there; I have often kidded that I was the reason he left when he finds out I had herpes. So my life have been lonely like hell all day I couldn't bear the outbreak pain, Tasha then introduce me to Dr Itua who use his herbal medicine to cure her two weeks of drinking it. I place an order form him and he delivers to my post office then I picked it up and used for two weeks all my sore was healed completely no more outbreak I'm honestly telling you this man is a great man, I trust him and his herbal medicine so much I'm sharing this to show my appreciation also to let sick people know there is hope with Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine.Dr Itua Contact Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com,Whatsapp.+2348149277967
    He cures.
    Herpes,
    STROKE.
    Hepatitis
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HIV
    Als
    Hpv
    Wart Remover
    Cold Sore
    SYPHILIS.
    Liver/Kidney Inflammatory
    Epilepsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doctors said Herpes virus do not have medical cure because the virus is capable of hiding within the human cells, it remains protected from your immune system. Herpes isn’t a special virus – your immune system has the tools to fight it back. But because it is able to lay dormant in protected cells, your immune system is unable to remove it from your body,But with strong reactive herbal medication is capable of getting rid of the virus gradually and totally from your body without damaging any of your cells,natural herbs kills the virus totally not just reducing the out break. Get natural herbs cure Email DR. VOODOO at voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

      Delete
  2. I can’t believe this is really true I never believed there is a cure to this Herpes because all the hospital have told me there is no cure to it, few months ago I saw this post about a certain doctor called DR.isiramen on internet from a testimony shared by someone who he helped with his herbal cure I contacted his email and ask for his help also, that is how he informed me about the cure process and he sent me a herbal medicine which I took according to the way he instructed for 2 week I can’t believe when I got to the hospital  for test my result came out negative. I am so happy to share this to the world that there is a real cure to herpes. You can also contact DR.isiramen through his official website on https://dr-isiramen-herbal-store.business.site/ or through his email on drisiramenherbalcure@gmail.com . He also have herbs medicine to cure the following diseases;Diabetes, Lupus, HPV,HSV 1 & HSV 2 Gout, Hepatitis A,B, Infertility, HIV/AIDS, and Vitiligo.

    ReplyDelete