In 1880 George Towle, Elijah Fox and John Devereux saw the manufacturing possibilities on the Ossipee River and knew there was a need for employment in this area. They built the original woolen mill building shown here and organized the Kezar Falls Woolen Manufacturing Co. After a difficult start, Allen Garner was engaged in 1881 as an agent to superintend the setting of machinery and to run production. He eventually owned the mill and the success of the mill was due largely to his shrewd judgment, excellent leadership and untiring efforts. Local citizens who had made their living from farming left the farms to work here. The mill became a critical part of the growth of the village and surrounding area. It expanded and grew reaching its peak in the 1950’s. It changed hands twice and continued to operate until 2000. Today the property is owned by the Town of Parsonsfield.